The Capital Z team is one of the most experienced and longest tenured private equity investors in the financial services industry. Since 1990, Capital Z and its predecessors have invested approximately $2.8 billion in over 40 transactions.
During this time, Capital Z has developed a reputation for executing creative and innovative transactions, and for partnering with high-quality management teams. As a result, Capital Z has produced a successful long-term track record investing across the full spectrum of the financial services industry, including insurance, reinsurance, life and health insurance, banking, specialty finance, asset management and related services businesses.
Capital Z was a pioneer in the financial services private equity industry, executing the first ever leveraged buyout in the sector - the acquisition of National Re in 1990.
Since then, its creativity and industry knowledge of the industry have allowed the Capital Z team to complete many other first-of-a-kind transactions, including:
- First provision of corporate capital to Lloyds
- First insurance industry sponsored spin-off
- First sponsored demutualization of UK-based insurer
- First simultaneous startup and IPO on the NASDAQ
- First simultaneous startup and IPO of a financial services company on the AIM exchange